Vance'sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#26 Jazz Standards And What Sounds Like One Night
I’m practicing up, trying to remember as many as I can by Monday afternoon. I have some tunes of my own that sound like jazz standards too!
Many have been clamoring for this one, so I’m excited. Sure, I’ll throw in Vance Classics too. This’ll be fun.
When: Monday Nite, Sept 14th 7:30PM EDT (“doors” open at 7 for community hang) -
Who gets 10%: https://www.bmc.org/covid19relief - Boston Medical Center is the hospital in the ‘hood - they turn no-one away. Half of their patients are from underserved populations, 1/3 of which do not speak English as a first language. This hospital is clamoring for Covid response stuff, highest needs being masks, alcohol, wipes. And money, so I’ll give then 10% of mine.
$$$: http://paypal.me/vancevancevance or
a check to VanceFunder P.O. Box 17, Arlington, MA 02476 for this web-groovery.
Pay or not. It’s up to you. Let’s just stay connected.
This week’s pajamas: sweatpants an T - it’s getting chilly at night...
Good Good Man - the CD - streaming all platforms, even get it from me…
Lawn Show: needs to be in my geographic area, MA State social distancing protocols vehemently adhered to, reasonable rates.
Coaching of songwriting, performance & voice, (SURE - BY SKYPE, FACETIME, OR ZOOM)
available upon request - Schedule is pretty full, but there are some openings...
FILOSOFEE - LOVE YOUR ENEMY
The whole loving an enemy thing is some hard stuff, isn’t it?. Bible, Quran, Torah, Buddhist teachings, your neighbor on a daily Humanist basis, atheists looking clear-eyed at peace - all these people’s texts and sensibilities at some point address loving a neighbor, and seriously, what is an enemy but a neighbor with whom you will battle with over resources?
And yes, love is a resource.
Even our worst enemies, the ones seemingly most unworthy of forgiveness and most unrepentant, have clearly lacked something. That doesn’t mean they are beyond punishment. Doesn’t mean they are beyond forgiveness either. Yeah, I said it.
You too have thought some bad shid. Sure, you never acted upon it and they did. But after war, once they are punished, vanquished, hobbled, and they and their like are eradicated or taught a lesson, if you had that one defining lesson to teach your enemy’s children, what would that last lesson be? Because these are your kids now too.
Look at the lines we have drawn. On social media. At Thanksgiving. Across the back fence. We have fought, canceled, cussed out, disagreed with, ignored, written out of our wills, stopped calling, let wither, unfriended, blocked so many others in our lives, believing dialogue is gone. Believing love is gone. Fortunately love has always had a bigger ass than you will ever have pants have for.
At the end of the day, and once you win, what do you have left if you don’t make a place for the now spent shrapnel and ash of will, fear, and protection to land? Now what? You’d better be ready to love.
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#32 WITH VARIOUS GUITARS
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#31 COUNTRY NITE
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#30 BIRTHDAY BASH
- Vance'sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#29 Scattered Agenda Nite
- Vance'sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#28 - People’s Names Night
- Vance'sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#27 No Agenda Thing
- Vance'sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#26 Jazz Standards And What Sounds Like One Night
- VANCE'S PAJAMA PARTY LAYBOR DAYY OFF, but live drive-in show 9/6 on Cape Cod
- Vance'sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#25 Upcoming Album!*
- Vance'sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#24 Smooth, Quiet, Aquuestick Jamz
- Vance'sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#23 Free-Form Monday, Like ’70’s College Radio
- Vance'sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#22 Slightly Spiritual Songs