Vance'sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#22 Slightly Spiritual Songs
WHAT: Vance'sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#22 Slightly Spiritual Songs
From me? No, not to convert anyone to anything. But in my fishing for the reason for my sentience, laughter, and waistline, I mention spirits, God, hereafters, and Houses Of Prayer in my and a few other people’s songs. So why not make a set out of it?
Where: https://youtu.be/rRAOgyNoNtk (no YouTube account needed- just click and enjoy)
When: Monday Nite, August 10th, 7:30PM EDT (“doors” open at 7 for community hang)
WHO GETS 10% https://www.deafinconline.org/
DEAF, Inc. inspires people to achieve personal and professional goals through accessible programs and services. We build bridges across communities by increasing communication access and awareness.
Our neighbors and close friends Lu and Carol suggested this group to me. They are a hearing/deaf couple that allow me to embarrass myself most comically over dinner at either of our houses with my comically poop-poor ASL/pantomiming.
send a check to VanceFunder P.O. Box 17, Arlington, MA 02476 for this web-groovery.
Pay or not. It’s up to you. Let’s just stay connected.
This week’s pajamas: Shorts. Flying Aces Club shirt
Good Good Man - the CD - streaming all platforms, even get it from me...
Lawn Show: needs to be in my geographic area, social distancing protocols vehemently adhered to, reasonable rates.
Coaching of songwriting, performance & voice, (SURE - BY SKYPE, FACETIME, OR ZOOM)
available upon request - Wednesdays are pretty full, Thursdays are kinda open.
TALE OF TWO CORVETTES
Thirty years ago a woman I was dating south of here dropped me off at her friend’s Chevy dealership, and with the promise of a deal, I was shopping.. Out came a twenty-ish year old salesman, a quiet, nice fellow. Slightly teased, slick-sided, jet-black hair. Crisp-collared collar shirt, chinos. I went for a quick test drive in a deep blue Geo Metro with 30K miles and said yes. Since my Metro would not be ready till later he gave me a ride back to her house.
His cobalt blue ’86 Corvette rattled like it had been loosely riveted and running rich for a long time. Like the tuned exhausts were not thrilled about squelching the explosions from the 454 under the hood. Clearly was a sports car, not a single thing comfortable about it, ground-level low, top-down loud, every touch of the accelerator sending my head to the headrest. This young man's face had what could be mistaken for a hinted zen-like smile each time he accelerated from a light.
“Sorry about taking so long with the paperwork”.
“No sweat” I said. “People mistaking my name as Vince rather than Vance, so you were just being careful”.
“Actually, I was careful copying all the letters just right because that’s how I do it. I don’t really read or write, so I draw the letters and other stuff the best I can.”
My neighbor Jim was a gem. When he retired he took his retirement money and bought a Corvette. When he died, he left that bright red ride to his children. His daughter, my neighbor Cheryl, and her dad said that anytime I want to cruise in it just come ask for the keys.
It’s not lost on me that it’s now owned by a woman that teaches school kids with learning disabilities. Thanks to these days I promise to wipe it down upon return, but yes, I think it’s time to take that ride, again.
- Vance'sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#25 Upcoming Album!*
- Vance'sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#24 Smooth, Quiet, Aquuestick Jamz
- Vance'sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#23 Free-Form Monday, Like ’70’s College RadioVance'sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#23 Free-Form Monday, Like ’70’s College Radio
- Vance'sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#22 Slightly Spiritual Songs
- Vance'sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#21 Songs With Transportation
- Vance'sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#20 Songs By Folks I Know
- Vance'sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#19 Philly Part Deux & MyStuff
- VanceMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty #18 More Philly Sound & Another New Song
- VanceMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty #17 *** My Stuff & The Spinners
- Vance'sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty #16 Quiet Ballady Kinda Stuff
- MondayNightAcousticPajamaParty #15 Unrecorded and Kinda New
- MondayNightAcousticPajamaParty #14 Top To Bottom - Good Good Man