Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#48 - Cities, Towns, Places.
Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#48 - Cities, Towns, Places. Thanks to my dear friend Lisa Jeanette, I have a spreadsheet of ideas of songs and themes. Thanks dearest one. (Oh, and check out her new album “Jellyfish On The Moon”. I’m even on it…)
When: Monday Nite, February 15th 7:30PM EDT (“doors” open at 7 for community hang) -
Who gets 10%: Boston Women’s Fund https://www.bostonwomensfund.org
Here’s a note from last week:
"Hi Vance, I hope to hop on tonight's concert. I see that you are donating to The Women's Foundation of Boston. I hope in the future you will also consider donating to the Boston Women's Fund. It is the oldest women's foundation in Boston and has always been funding grassroots and had diverse leadership. They can really use support and attention. Thanks for your great songs, humor and keeping us going!
CEO - Women's Fund of Western MA”
My reply: “done"
$$$: http://paypal.me/vancevancevance or
a check to VanceFunder P.O. Box 17, Arlington, MA 02476 for this web-groovery.
Pay or not. Up to you. Let’s stay connected.
This week’s pajamas: HUGE grey sweats from the Good Good Man video.
I coach voice, songwriting, performance. Contact me.
Good Good Man - the CD - streaming all platforms, even get an actual CD from me…
SOME THINGS I WAS THINKING ABOUT I’M NOT REALLY MAD ABOUT BUT KINDA GOT MY ARMS CROSSED WONDERING ABOUT:
~ SNOWPLOW I - Bless you guys for what you do at all hours. I know your company gets paid contracts to do it, but still.
While I have you, that cool blade on the front of the truck - it tilts depending on what you need to do, right? Well there’s but two driveways on our street. Can you tilt the blade so the snow ends up on the other side of the road, past my as opposed to in front of my driveway which slopes down at 30 degrees?
~ DOG GLANDS - I am told that older dogs have scent glands somewhere that may need expression. I suggested to my partner and my vet on the call that maybe the dog should work up some poetry and attend an open mic. No one laughed.
~ SNOW PLOW II - City ordinance says that homeowners with a fire hydrant on the border of their property are responsible for clearing a path to and snow from around said hydrant. I’m asking again about the tilt of the blade thing.
~ CAROL BURNETT - She, Tim Conway, and Harvey Korman were hands down the most genius physical comics of their era, maybe any era. Stooges included. Fight me.
~ AVIATION STUDY CONUNDRUM - I study, yet I don’t tend to build models of warplanes. My litmus test is if the plane wore civil registration. One person argued at a Wings Of Peace forum I moderate that a certain fighter plane that sported civil registration while being ferried across country was still a warplane. I argued that despite what it was certainly to be used for, it was, for that short stretch, still a civil aircraft. I expounded on that argument with: “...what apron strings should I wring when I build the homely, unarmed trimotor Handley Page W8e peacetime civilian airliner that we know brought white Belgium peacefuls who raped, pillaged and exterminated countless millions of Congolese and devastated their land in the early 20th century?” This all made for slightly lively, kind, and informed discussion.
~ SNOWPLOW III - Seriously, the salt? Snowmounds are melting, yes, however weather says temperature will not dip below 40, plus c’mon, the salt slinger thing on the rear has a switch, like that adjustable blade - and if you stop at a corner before you turn, it leaves a pile 2” deep and the dogs feet and the plants in the spring...oh never mind...
~ PERRY MASON THEME - Is second only to the Mannix theme for coolest, most swinging TV theme of all time, and we all (over 50) know the theme, but it does its cool with NO DRUMS!!!
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#48 - Cities, Towns, Places.
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#47 - No Agenda, Just Singing.Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#47 - No Agenda, Just Singing.
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#46 - Sounds Like A Traditional Folk Song
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#45 - Theoretical New Album
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#44 - MLK Day - Songs By Black Writers
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#43 - Quiet Tunes You Need About Now
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#42 - HappyNewYearZeroAgendaShowVance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#42 - HappyNewYearZeroAgendaShow
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#41 - NewYearSongs Kinda Of Forgiveness and Hope
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#40 - Christmas & SoulStitch Show
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#39 - Song Backstory
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#38 - Cold War and Teardrops
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#37 - Theme To Be Decided Later