Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#50 - Songs With Color
When: Monday Nite, March 1st 7:30PM EDT (“doors” open at 7 for community hang) -
Who gets 10%: https://www.ronsavagemusicacademy.org/ Ron and I go back to 1981, when I was busily trying to be some sort of cross between Al Jarreau, Ella Fitzgerald, and James Taylor here in the Boston area. He’s a world class drummer, however we played many weddings and “general business” shows that I contracted when he, as one of Wally’s Jazz Cafe’s house drummers, wasn’t tolerating my scatting and caterwauling in that epic spot. Not long after that he found me a position as a voice instructor at the Alma Lewis School of jazz and music. He has his own Ron Savage Music Academy. Ron has been an educator at the Berklee College of Music for over four decades and currently serves as the Dean of the Professional Performance Division. He knows music education.
I’m in, my friend. Here comes a little cash.
$$$: http://paypal.me/vancevancevance or
a check to VanceFunder P.O. Box 17, Arlington, MA 02476 for this web-groovery.
Pay or not. Up to you. Let’s stay connected.
This week’s pajamas: Big Grey Hoodie. Sweats with planets on them.
I coach voice, songwriting, performance.
Good Good Man - the CD - streaming all platforms, even get an actual CD from me…
DON’T MAKE ME:
-ask if duck sauce is actually made of bits of duck.
-soundcheck for Zoom singing. Don’t. Zoom for music is already like cooking with unwashed vegetables. No matter how nicely seasoned, there will always be grit and dirt. So don’t.
-vacuum under the desk where my feet go. I spend a lot more time sitting here than I used to. I’ll be check there for vegetables - see above.
-ask why there always seems to be some sort of early test of a new U.S. President’s resolve to use or not use force. Men and their dicks, to all countries involved, honestly. Yes I said it.
-question why the FTC has a whole site in place to report illegal, unsolicited business texts and calls, only to say, in their return email verification, that they really can’t do anything about it but thanks for reporting it.
-ask why every open vessel of liquid in this house has at least 3 gnats floating in it after 30sec of just sitting there. Ask her. They’re from her plants.
-wonder why this dog has to lick everything, including things that might have had a molecule of chicken on them from the time of the Carter administration.
-inquire what phlebotomy is or why one must ever have their phlebot removed, and why they start with blood and then do nothing else. Don’t make me ask.
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#60 NO AGENDA, JUST SINGING.
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#59 ALL REQUEST NIGHT
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#58 SONGS FROM SPINNING 45s
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#57 SOME OLD, BORROWED, NEW.
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#56 SONGS WITH NUMBERS IN THEM
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#55 - QUIET NIGHT
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#54 - QUESTION SONGS
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#53 - MYXED BAG
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#52 - 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY ALL REQUEST SHOW
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#51 - Favorite Lines In A Song
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#50 - Songs With Color
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#49 - Storms and Weather. Because look out your window or at the news.