Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #120 - VERY LATE NITE SHOW
1) First, we skip a week, so no PajamaParty 8/8
2) Then the next Monday, 8/15, my flite from Canada lands about 9:30. I joked that I’d do some tunes real late at the last PJ Party. A bunch of people said it was a great idea, particularly folks further west. Take a nap and join me...
Monday nite 8/15, 10:45ish - 11:00ish pm EST
Who gets 10%: MSPCA again 2 weeks in a row because
a check to VanceFunder P.O. Box 17,
Arlington, MA 02476 for this web-groovery.
Pay or not, up to you. Let’s stay connected.
This week's pajamas - cool stuff
IN PERSON SHOWS:
Saturday, August 6, 8pm
The Guthrie Center
Great Barrington, MA
NEW ALBUM. Donate any amount = name on the cover. Same links above, note “VanceFunder”. Any amount over $1 works, but $1000 -plus- makes you an exec producer, name in heavy black font.
ALBUM RECORDING UPDATES - MORE COWBELL
Critics will probably hate this album. I hear “overreach” and 'unfocused” as possible captiousnesses. Maybe “Trying to be too many things to too many listeners.”
OK. Bring it.
I’d prefer hearing “diversely played and influenced”. But whatever. Big boy pants. I’m too old to care anymore. I realize that their opinion of what I do musically is really none of my business. This album will be monstrously creative, and joyously musical.
A few months back the head of Berklee’s Gospel Music Department, Dennis Montgomery III, played B3 organ. A few weeks later Wynter Pingel played some Celtic fiddle and concertina. Last night was Abbie Gardner’s dad Herb Gardner on jazz and funk trombone. There will be resonator guitar, harmonica, comedy, heartbreak, whistling, disco basslines, wah-wah guitar, tambourine, a few murders, back-up singers, scat singing, 2 songs about bullying, a Big Band track, country, and yes, more cowbell. And more cool insanely musical guests to come.
The people on my album are male, female, over 80, Canadian, blind, Black, gay, Christian, Jewish, non-denominational, from all walks of music and life. All are musical monsters, just you wait and see.
Then a few days ago little monster Multi Grammy Award winner pint-sized imp goofball Lori McKenna came in and sang harmony vocals. She never questioned where I was going with tunes, she shook her head in appreciation of my lyrics and melodies, loved my phrasing, and laughed with me like we do after 30 plus years of our intertwined journeys with guitars and ideas.
Thanks Lori. Good luck slinging words, critics, as the stories crush you and you’re finger-popping across your keyboards. Lori and these others love me. That’ll do.
From Calendar/ »
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #128 - BIRTHDAY PAJAMA PARTY!! 🎂
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #127 - ONE OF THEM QUIET TUNE NITES
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #126 - ARE & BEE & SOUL LITE NITE
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #125 - MID-SEPTEMBER SOIREEVance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #125 - MID-SEPTEMBER SOIREE
- VANCE’S MONDAY ACOUSTIC PAJAMA PARTY #124 - THEME? WHAT THEME?
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #123 - LABOUR DAY PAJAMA JAM
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #122 - POST COVID SINGING
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #121 - SING ALONG WITH COVID
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #120 - VERY LATE NITE SHOW
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #119 - COOL QUIET GROOVY
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #118 - LADY NAME SONGS
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #117 - PRE-VACATION SINGING SOIREE