Vance’s MondayNightAcousticPajamaParty #12
Hi Vance Friends & Fans-
WHAT: Vance Gilbert’s Monday Night Acoustic Pajama Party #12 StorySongs Pt II, and a Few Protest Songs
A few Story songs and stories behind the songs that were missed, plus what a protest song means to me...
WHEN: Monday, 6/1, 7:30 pmEDT
WHO GETS 10%: https://www.mspca.org Massachusetts Society for the Prevention Of Cruelty to Animals. They have 4 area hospitals, adoption, animal training, spay/neuter. And things will get tougher as people can’t afford to keep their animals thanks to COVID. So yeah, I’d like to write them even more than 10% once I pay some bills.
send a check to VanceFunder P.O. Box 17, Arlington, MA 02476 for this web-based groovery.
Pay or not. It’s up to you. Let’s just stay connected.
This week’s pajamas. Airplane-themed t-shirt (2x, if you must). Definitely shorts, weather dependent... Hey, people want to know...
Good Good Man - the CD - streaming all platforms, even get it from me...
FRIDAY AFTERNOON LIST OF OBSERVANCES THAT AT LEAST WELL THEY INTEREST ME…
~ She’s telling me about a friend dying of cancer and I say. “New socks. I need new socks. I don’t clip my toes enough and I don’t want to die in old socks”. And stranger yet she nods and rather than point out that I’m not listening, she says “I hear you...” These are strange times
~ I love this devout couple, these Christian neighbors, and I know that their approach to the problems of the world is to pray on it. And I love the idea of BBQ ribs over their house - yes it was my idea. But trying to get me to be Christian while another neighbor’s cockatoo in the window behind us mocks us all with “Awwwwk! Jesus!!...Awwwwwk. Ribs!!” was just somewhat surreal.
~ Some languages have no actual dedicated words for “I’m sorry”. Some people I deal with make me believe it.
~ Maybe I’ll start a custom COVID mask company called “Stoppin' Droplets”. (Hell yes, btw, I have 2 masks from fans with airplanes on them, I do...)
~ How about a rap music video company that does their craft following social distancing rules called “YO-VID...COVID”?
~ Everyone’s always shocked at looting. Looting has always been the ugly little hand-waiter of protest. What do you think the Colonists were doing when they dumped 342 chests of imported British East India Company tea into Boston Harbor?
There’s a lot of quoting MLK about his understanding (different from acceptance of, mind you) of the action, but here’s what I told a friend today:
"White folks - often what black friends are asking for in this time of unrest is for their white friends to offer: “Damn, what a time it must be for you. I see you...” rather than an assessment of right and wrong.
Honestly I went for a run at 5:45 this am out of sleepless anxiety. But honestly, as a black man, if someone offered me the opportunity to throw a TV out of a window, my response would be “so do I have to sweep up afterwards?”
~ Saying of the day: “Kool-Aid don’t care the color of the drinker...Kool Aid just the same.”
ps - that’s me, John Hall, and Pete Seeger. Protesting something. Photo by www.Econosmith.com
- Vance'sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#27 No Agenda Thing
- Vance'sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#26 Jazz Standards And What Sounds Like One Night
- VANCE'S PAJAMA PARTY LAYBOR DAYY OFF, but live drive-in show 9/6 on Cape Cod
- Vance'sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#25 Upcoming Album!*
- Vance'sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#24 Smooth, Quiet, Aquuestick Jamz
- Vance'sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#23 Free-Form Monday, Like ’70’s College Radio
- Vance'sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#22 Slightly Spiritual Songs
- Vance'sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#21 Songs With Transportation
- Vance'sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#20 Songs By Folks I Know
- Vance'sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#19 Philly Part Deux & MyStuff
- VanceMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty #18 More Philly Sound & Another New Song
- VanceMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty #17 *** My Stuff & The Spinners