Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #106 - R&B/CELTIC LITE
I’ll do ones that are rememberable, acoustic style, and some of mine that are reminiscent of R&B or Celtic - even some mash-ups
When: Monday nite 4/11, 7:30pm EDT.
(“doors” open at 7 for community hang)
Who gets 10%: https://www.projectbread.org/ Yep. Back to them. The Walk For Hunger people. Project Bread connects people and communities in Massachusetts to reliable sources of food while advocating for policies that make food more accessible—so that no one goes hungry. I’m lazy so I have the envelope they sent me from the last donation and everything ready to go.
a check to VanceFunder P.O. Box 17,
Arlington, MA 02476 for this web-groovery.
Pay or not. Up to you. Let’s stay connected.
This week’s pajamas = you're lucky I consider them
I teach and coach stuff.
NEW ALBUM. WHAT'S HAPPENING.
Today we (me and Sam Margolis, engineer/owner, http://www.riverviewsound.com/, co-dog and dumpling loving friend) edit some guitar parts, lay down some vocals that are hopefully keepers, and get tracks ready to send off to players elsewhere to put *their* stuff on. Oh, there may be some handclaps today too. And maybe a tambourine. And that clacky bell-ball thing you hit that goes “PTTTTTTTTTTKK”. Donate any amount and get your name on the cover. Same links above, note “VanceFunder”. Any amount, $1000 + makes you exec producer, name in heavy black font.
It’s a great time to think loudly about being non-violent. That said, here’s an anti-bullying song with a twist:
HONEYSUCKLE FENCES (c) 2021 Vance Gilbert
I don’t really like karate
I don’t wanna hit nobody
All this talk of self-defense
I’d rather try to talk some sense
There’s a boy I know in homeroom
Other boys make fun of him
He would rather sing with the girls in chorus
Then hang out with the boys in gym
I didn’t understand the reason
When he passed me the other day
Why his lips and nose were bleeding
Why three boys ran the other way
So I followed them where they were running
To a corner of the school playground
Where the honeysuckle climbs the fences
Where there’s nobody else around
I politely asked them why they did it
I told them that it didn’t seem fair
He always helped me out in algebra
That’s what a fist came through the air
The punch caught me on my shoulder
I never had a chance to run
Three bigger boys started swinging
Three bigger boys against just one
(solo over verse)
I’m sorry that I tore my jacket
When I made the first boy slip
I’m sorry that the second ones teeth
Found their way through his bottom lip
I never meant to make the third one
Pee his brand new khaki pants
Curled up in a ball before me
I’m sorry about that circumstance
I don’t mind this week’s detention
I can look out where my classmates play
I see the singing boy head high walking
I see the other boys clear the way
I don’t really like karate
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #116 - FORTHAJULY WHO KNOWS WHAT GETS MASHED UP
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #115 - FIXING, HEALING THINGS
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #114 - BACK FROM ISLAND OFF MAINE EVENING OF CHILL
- VANCE GILBERT - JUST THANK YOU
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #113 - BACK FROM TEXAS EVENING OF CHILL
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #112 - THEME FREE FANDANGO
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #111 - COLOR IN SONGS PRT #2 & SONGS WITH LIQUID
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #110 - THE COLOR IN SONGS
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #109 - V PRACTICES & CHATS THE NEW ALBUM WITH YOU
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #108 - THEME? I DON’T NEED NO STEENKIN etc.
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #107 - I’M JUST PLAYING
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #106 - R&B/CELTIC LITE