Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#52 - 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY ALL REQUEST SHOW
Well this oughta be fun trouble...
When: Monday Nite, March 15th 7:30PM EDT (“doors” open at 7 for community hang) -
Who gets 10%: This is my 3rd time donating to Food Link https://www.foodlinkma.org. They now call the old auto parts store on Summer St. home. I’ve been watching this organization turn this gutted monolith into a subtle, well-thought out center that rescues fresh food, alleviates hunger, and contributes to environmental sustainability...
$$$: http://paypal.me/vancevancevance or
a check to VanceFunder P.O. Box 17, Arlington, MA 02476 for this web-groovery.
Pay or not. Up to you. Let’s stay connected.
This week’s pajamas: airplane bottoms. Purple Spare Time Hoodie top
I coach stuff
Good Good Man - the CD - streaming all over, even get a CD from me...
TAXES IN TEARS = GRATEFUL
I just love how you can shout a string of numbers at your iPhone and it will add them up.
I still love my battery operated calculator with the spool of paper that lives in the second drawer for 362 days a year.
I also love the reruns of The Fugitive when I work on taxes.
Yet I’m so damaged. My first accountant was under investigation for embezzlement and I never knew. Then he died. I believe that targeted me at the IRS, as I’ve been audited 5 times since, for silly procedural things and nearly no money each time. “D” was cool, but overwhelmed with other folks' stuff. The next people sold their practice weeks after I came on board. I smelled trouble when this youthful person said I should "never take phone as a deduction", as it was a red flag. Are you kidding me?
In the face of the fifth audit, I hired an actual tax attorney who proceeded to browbeat me at the IRS office, in the agent’s face, after *he* left all paperwork for the year in question on his own desk, blaming me for not having it. At $400 per hour. I had to ask him to not charge me for that hour. It was the IRS agent that was kind enough to say “get a bookkeeper, and most of your problems will disappear”.
I hired Mary in 2016. Comfortable in her office after 1/2 hour or so, I told my accountant nightmares. She smiled, pointed to a framed diploma on the wall. “I do that too”. I laughed and said “Too bad you’re not an actual tax attorney, then you could...” She grinned and pointed to the diploma next to that.
She’s frank, kind, brilliant, informed, humorous, she likes the same Chinese food I do, and she is my audit attack dog bookkeeper accountant attorney at the ready, and comes to the PajamaParty weekly. She is now a close friends to boot.
Now as I prepare stuff for her to prepare, and I am in tears looking at the names of people who have paid me for PajamaParty shows on PayPal, and kept me in mortgage for this unprecedentedly trying year:
Woman that wouldn’t date me in high school
Woman I dated in college
A good friend's ex-wife
Neighbor I recall as a toddler
Friend so old I didn’t think they had a computer
Neighbor I thought disliked me
People so far to the flag-waving right they sneer when they see me in a mask
People so far to the vegetarian left they sneer when I talk about eating wings
People I know have zero money
Model airplane people
Oh, I’m grateful. Thank You.
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#52 - 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY ALL REQUEST SHOW
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#51 - Favorite Lines In A Song
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#50 - Songs With Color
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#49 - Storms and Weather. Because look out your window or at the news.
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#48 - Cities, Towns, Places.
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#47 - No Agenda, Just Singing.Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#47 - No Agenda, Just Singing.
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#46 - Sounds Like A Traditional Folk Song
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#45 - Theoretical New Album
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#44 - MLK Day - Songs By Black Writers
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#43 - Quiet Tunes You Need About Now
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#42 - HappyNewYearZeroAgendaShowVance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#42 - HappyNewYearZeroAgendaShow
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#41 - NewYearSongs Kinda Of Forgiveness and Hope