Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#70 - JUST SINGING PART IV
Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#70 - JUST SINGING PART IV -
When: Monday Nite, July 5th 7:30PM EDT
(“doors” open at 7 for community hang) -
WHO GETS 10%: https://www.cradlestocrayons.org/boston/ - My close friend/neighbor Joe suggested in one of our mid-street conversations. Cradles to Crayons provides children from birth through age 12, living in homeless or low-income situations, with the essential items they need to thrive free of charge by engaging and connecting communities.
$$: http://paypal.me/vancevancevance or
a check to VanceFunder P.O. Box 17,
Arlington, MA 02476 for this web-groovery.
Pay or not. Up to you. Let’s stay connected.
This week’s pajamas: Nah. Shorts and a tee
I teach and coach stuff.
Good Good Man - the CD - streaming all over, even get one from me…
LIVE SHOWS - (but yeah, I’m still gonna do Monday nites...)
Sat July 24th - Beacon NY - Towne Crier - w/Christine Lavin!! https://townecc.tunestub.com/shows.cfm TIX ARE GOING FAST I KNOW I’M SHOUTING - IT’S TOMORROW NITE AND I’M EXCITED.
Sat Aug 14, Cambridge MA - CLUB PASSIM https://www.passim.org/live-music/events/vance-gilbert-2/ This’ll sell out, so there may possibly be an early show too...Craig Akin on bass...
WHILE CLEANING I FOUND...
So it took two decades to get to it. That’s how long those files have been in the drawers of this desk. No I’m not cleaning behind it. That’s a bridge too far. I treat dust and dirt behind this corner-filling desk like you’re instructed to treat asbestos in your house - if you can’t have it professionally removed, don’t disturb it and you’ll be fine. That’s what I’m doing.
Ohhh but what I found:
~ Meb Keflezighi’s email. I had a long talk with him many years ago when he came to a show in Northern CA. About running and art. He said to never give up, and to write him if I wanted inspiration. OK, tell me you don’t know who he is...
~ Lisa Loeb’s phone number. I think from a festival in TX, where we laughed and sang and figured we’d be friends.
~ 3 million lanyards.
~ Backstage Pass #1 for George Carlin show. That kinda cracks me up as I opened 150+ shows for him, so...
~ Backstage pass #2 for a Demi Lovato/Nick Jonas show at the TD Garden. Mike Posner opened. He’s a friend. Did you know that I sang on a single release of his in like 2017? Found that contract too.
- Backstage Pass #3 for Richard Thompson. We’ve known each other for years. As we chatted I was hoping to get some advice for why it was so hard it was for me to master a type of picking that he’s the god at. Waiting for his wisdom he smiles and says “Well Vance, it’s not for everyone…” We laughed but seriously, some idol he is.
~ Licensing stuff for the one Jimi Hendrix tune I have ever recorded. It’s in a file called Hendrix Hell. I finally had to get a lawyer to get a *compulsory* license - that means they have to issue it - to record a tune.
~ Contract for a record company that, literally, went under not long after I signed - all they had, masters, office, the works, lost in a flood. It was a lousy contract as many record contracts are so I’m glad no one was hurt but...well, bye Felicia...
Yeah, like that underwater record contract - those castles fall into the sea...eventually. Maybe Jimi was right after all...
- Vance’sMondayNitePajamaParty #81 - THEME? I DON’T NEED NO STINKIN’ THEME!
- Vance’sMondayNitePajamaParty #80 BIG CRAZY BIRTHDAY SHOW
- Vance’sMondayNitePajamaParty #79 - MAKE IT UP AS I GO ALONG
- Vance’sMondayNitePajamaParty #78 - SCIENCE, SCI-FI, SPACETIME SONGS
- Vance’sMondayNitePajamaParty #77 JUST PLAYING STUFF
- Vance’sMondayNitePajamaParty #76 - UNDERDOGS
- Vance’sMondayNitePajamaParty #75 - LABOR DAY FREE-STYLE EXTRAVAGANZA
- Vance’sMondayNitePajamaParty #74 - QUIET, BALLADY NITE
- Vance’sMondayNitePajamaParty #73 - SONGS THAT BEGING WITH “P”
- Vance’sMondayNitePajamaParty #72. NO AGENDA NITE V (+ Club Passim)
- Vance’sMondayNitePajamaParty #71
- Vance’sMondayNiteAcousticPajamaParty 8/9 NITE OFF