Vance’sMondayNitePajamaParty #75 - LABOR DAY FREE-STYLE EXTRAVAGANZA
Meaning I’ll just play what I feel like. Or what you feel like.
When: Monday nite 9/6, 7:30pm EDT.
(“doors” open at 7 for community hang) -
Who gets 10%: https://www.mspca.org/ Massachusetts Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals - MSPCA-Angell is actively relocating and finding loving homes for animals displaced by Tropical Storm Ida.
$$: http://paypal.me/vancevancevance or
a check to VanceFunder P.O. Box 17,
Arlington, MA 02476 for this web-groovery.
Pay or not. Up to you. Let’s stay connected.
This week’s pajamas: warmer than last week's
I teach and coach stuff.
Good Good Man - the CD - streaming all over, even get one from me
A far cry from what many others had to deal with, I was up every hour from 1:30 to 6:30 Wednesday night to drop the sump pump into the dry well (that *should* be one word), and it got me thinking about water. Look here, I’m no aqua-philosopher, particularly at 3:30 AM with a 30lb hose in my hands in a worthless raincoat, shorts, and crocs in torrential rain, all the soaking rain really making me have to pee. But it went like this:
"All of humanity has fought wars, prayed, raped, pillaged, killed, enslaved, because of a lack of resources. Water is the key resource. For crops, for animals, for everything. Everything happens to humans with humans because of a need for water. Would the world be perfect if everyone had water? Maybe. Maybe not. Or maybe it would. Damn this hose is heavy. Did I just plug this pump in standing in this puddle? Are those sparks flying out of my butt or did I just pee a little?
Here I have too much of it. It came from somewhere else. So why can’t we get it to somewhere else? 70% of the planet is covered in water. Glen Campbell singing Galveston is great, I can’t stop hearing it in my head. There’s pipelines for oil. Ships for oil and natural gas. There’s lists of places struggling to have simple drinking water. I’m not so stupid that think that there could be a water pipe from my house to Djibouti, but hey wait, maybe there could be. Maybe I am that stupid. How do you pump that? Mandate that every stationary exercise bike in the US must power a few central generators that pump water. A new dystopian sci-fi series The Handmaids Bike. Maybe every flight, every train, every something should carry *X* amount of water to some where that needs water. Maybe we need a Water Transport Mandate. Then there’d be Anti-Waterers. Then the My Body My Water Movement. Damn, this hose is heavy. Water is heavy. It weighs 8.3 pounds per gallon. Did I eat the last chicken sausage? Maybe water flown here and there isn’t the best use of airplane fuel. Man, I love airplanes. Specialized humanitarian flights by the Antonov 225 and other largest planes in the world carrying water to places - would that work? I’d volunteer to help with that, especially if I got to fly on the An 225 and they had chicken sausages as our onboard food. I wonder if the leftover chicken sausages that may or may not be there are low-carb and maybe I’ll have one or more of them before I get back into bed."
"Did I just pee?"
- Vance’sMondayNitePajamaParty #86 - CELTIC MOTOWN MASH-UPS!!
- Vance’sMondayNitePajamaParty #85 - SONGS THAT JUST COME TO MIND
- Vance’sMondayNitePajamaParty #84 - I WILL MAKE FOR THE PLAYING OF SONGS
- Vance’sMondayNitePajamaParty #83 - THE ALBUM SO FAR, TOP TO BOTTOMVance’sMondayNitePajamaParty #83 - THE ALBUM SO FAR, TOP TO BOTTOM
- Vance’sMondayNitePajamaParty #82 - MEDLEYS, MASH-UPS, MUSICAL MELANGES
- Vance’sMondayNitePajamaParty #81 - THEME? I DON’T NEED NO STINKIN’ THEME!
- Vance’sMondayNitePajamaParty #80 BIG CRAZY BIRTHDAY SHOW
- Vance’sMondayNitePajamaParty #79 - MAKE IT UP AS I GO ALONG
- Vance’sMondayNitePajamaParty #78 - SCIENCE, SCI-FI, SPACETIME SONGS
- Vance’sMondayNitePajamaParty #77 JUST PLAYING STUFF
- Vance’sMondayNitePajamaParty #76 - UNDERDOGS
- Vance’sMondayNitePajamaParty #75 - LABOR DAY FREE-STYLE EXTRAVAGANZA