Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #109 - V PRACTICES & CHATS THE NEW ALBUM WITH YOU
Tuesday I lay down more guitars to tracks, and re-sing the vocal on “Body In The Well” so I figured I’d practice on you.
Is that OK?
When: Monday nite 5/2, 7:30pm EDT.
(“doors” open at 7 for community hang)
Who gets 10%: Massachusetts Housing & Shelter Alliance https://mhsa.net/ provides solutions to homelessness, creates more cost-effective and humane programs and collaborates with our partners in both the private and public sectors to deliver reliable housing and resources in our communities.
a check to VanceFunder P.O. Box 17,
Arlington, MA 02476 for this web-groovery.
Pay or not, up to you. Let’s stay connected.
This week, pajamas = sweats with an oldie
NEW ALBUM. Donate any amount = name on the cover. Same links above, note “VanceFunder”. Any amount over $1, but $1000 + makes you exec producer, name in heavy black font.
Friday, May 6, 2022 Worthington, OH Six String Concerts www.mcconnellarts.org/
Saturday, May 7, 2022 Oswego, NY Oswego Music Hall www.oswegomusichall.org/
I love the folks that put on both of these coffeehouses xoxoxo
HARRY KESHISHIAN AND TOMORROW
So when I went to Richard's house to look over the stack of Harry’s bequeathed model supplies, Richard and I joked as we usually do. About our elder maladies. Cataracts. Pacemakers. New knees. We rehashed the old saw of how a wife doesn’t know whether to make up a bed in the workshop or the bedroom because of all the artificial parts. We laughed. We haggled over a price for the modeling minutia I was running off with. He wanted $100. I wanted to do $150. We settled on $130, both knowing Harry’s family was giving the money to charity anyway.
Last time I saw Harry was at another modeler’s remembrance service last fall. He looked great, and he’d brought a 3/4 finished model that was just pristinely built. He hadn’t lost his hands for a second.
But today Rich paused while talking about going through Harry’s dedicated model building room those few weeks ago. He says “There was a plan on the board, with wood laid out on it for the fuselage. It was pinned down, waiting for cross pieces, glue, and the top longeron. Harry was in the midst of building."
We were quiet again. Sure it was a moment's homage to Harry. But it was a quiet to take in for ourselves. You see, Harry was working on a brand new model, and Harry had turned 100 years old just weeks before he died.
You better build your things like there’s a tomorrow. And use the good wood like there isn’t.
P.S. - looking for a house in MA within 60ish miles of Logan airport like around 300K. 1K sq. ft., rural is great. Lemme know what you kew...
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #109 - V PRACTICES & CHATS THE NEW ALBUM WITH YOU
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #108 - THEME? I DON’T NEED NO STEENKIN etc.
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #107 - I’M JUST PLAYING
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #106 - R&B/CELTIC LITE
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #105 - TOP OF APRIL FREESTYLE
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #104 - SONGS OF HOPE
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #103 - QUIET CALM GROOVY NIGHT
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #102 SINGING JUST TO BE SINGING
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #101 - ALL MY CHILDREN
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #100 - ALL REQUEST
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #99 - SONGS THAT APOLOGIZE
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #98 - EVEN MORE SINGING STUFF