Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #158 - POST ALBUM RELEASE PLAY NEARLY ANYTHING NITE
~ NEW ALBUM IS OUT TODAY MAY 5TH ON ALL STREAMING SERVICES !!
~ VIDEO SINGLE “BLACK ROCHELLE” IS OUT https://youtu.be/30SrbQkemdk
~ Sunday 5/7 Cambridge MA ALBUM RELEASE SHOW WITH BAND Club Passim
https://www.passim.org/live-music/events/vance-gilbert/ About 15 tix left
Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #158 POST ALBUM RELEASE PLAY NEARLY ANYTHING
When: Monday nite 5/8, 7:30pm ET
WHO GETS 10% https://www.sowma.org School On Wheels Massachusetts - Trains volunteers serve as personal tutors for hundreds of students facing homelessness throughout the Commonwealth. Funds new backpacks and customized, grade-level books and school supplies.
Order the CD or pony up for a Pajama Party via the methods below:
VanceFunder P.O. Box 17,
Arlington, MA 02476 for this web-groovery.
Pay or not, up to you. Let’s stay connected.
CD AVAILiaBull NOW!!! TODAY May 5th, Just order above with your address. Pay anything above $10.
Today’s writing is just going to be about ME and some reviews and previews on this new album
THE MOTHER OF TROUBLE
~ https://americanahighways.org/2023/05/03/grooves-cuts-april-2023/ - (then scroll down)
Your gregarious, silly, comic, music scribe, believe it or not, is not crazy about listening to himself, seeing himself in pictures, or promoting himself as a self to be promoted. Even though this album is my best yet. I’d rather be on the stage or building & flying my model planes.
So what is it with performing? Sure, I enjoy it. But what I enjoy is getting a story to you, and getting your reaction. You could argue that it’s still all about me, and I'm getting juice from your reaction. There’s some of that.
But I think it really is an “us” thing. I want us all to adore each other. I don’t want to stand alone in adulation with my chest out. And well, no, I don’t want you singing along to everything, either. I don’t mind being able to say out loud that I see you in your world, I hope I’m telling a little bit of your story, and maybe even telling some story you hadn’t thought of telling.
Not teacher. Not illuminator of cypher. I just like being the guy with the words that at one point has us all saying “well, those are good words, here’s some of mine, why, we all have some words, and what a great idea it is to have great ideas and words
Yeah that’s pretty incomplete, the above. Fingers crossed that my marquee value will expand with this release, I find more words, reach more folks, and we all figure out what I'm talking about, including me.
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #166 - PEOPLE WITH JOBS
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #165 - MIXED SALAD OF ME
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #164 - A QUIET NIGHT OF MASH-UPS
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #163 - MOTOWNISH
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #162 - JUST MASHING STUFF UP
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #161 - NO AGENDA, JUST SING
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #160 - STORY BEHIND THE SONG
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #159 - I MIGHT IMITATE PEOPLE
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #158 - POST ALBUM RELEASE PLAY NEARLY ANYTHING NITE
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #157 - WELL EARNED QUIET BALLADY NITE
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #156 - LIVE FROM KEY WEST ON MY PHONE
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #155 - NAN (NO AGENDA NEEDED) SHOW