Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#55 - QUIET NIGHT
I’ve had a week. Culminating with a friend’s stroke yesterday, I’m going to soothe us all and play a quiet, ballady, lights-down-low night of songs. Personally, this is my favorite-themed PajamaParty.
When: Monday Nite, April 5th 7:30PM EDT (“doors” open at 7 for community hang) -
Who gets 10%: https://giving.massgeneral.org/support-neurology/stroke-service/ - My friend Scot is younger than I am. So his recovery, via this morning's note from his wife, was terrifically encouraging. Still, how many in this area don’t have access to the services needed? That’s where money will go.
$$: http://paypal.me/vancevancevance or
a check to VanceFunder P.O. Box 17,
Arlington, MA 02476 for this web-groovery.
Pay or not. Up to you. Let’s stay connected.
This week’s pajamas: dark PJs. sunglasses too.
I teach and coach stuff.
Good Good Man - the CD - streaming all over, even get a CD from me…
My greatest non-essential expenditure during this pandemic has been Chinese food.
OK that’s a lie. It’s one of my greater food expenditures, period.
My most favored Chinese restaurant is Chinese buffet. OK, I know I didn’t specify any one in particular, so that’s not a lie. Sure, that stopped a year ago, but I have vigilantly done my part keeping my area’s local Chinese restaurants in some kind of take-out business. Look at me, all propping up the food service industry during a pandemic. *Pooh kah chee* I’m pretty sure is Chinese for “you’re welcome.”
I miss Chinese buffet. One local place was particularly tolerant of me, the staff teaching me other simple Chinese phrases for “hello”, “thank you”, and “this chicken is delicious”. I shout these things badly when people deliver, or over the phone when ordering, or at anything really.
I hope that’s not racist.
I’m told by various Chinese folks that it’s actually appreciated when people make even stumbling attempts to greet them in their language because it says “I see you, and I’ve taken this moment to acknowledge you and your culture.”
OK. I’m going with that.
Sometimes I say these things because I’m excited, and I apologize to any delivery driver to whom I have lovingly said “You’re delicious!” when they drop sesame flavored anything at my door. No wonder they drive off so quickly.
OK that's a lie. They don’t just drop food at the door. The guy that delivers the food actually figures to tap on my office window rather than ring the bell, and hollers “Shay shay” as he tucks into his car to drive away. So, maybe I am ordering more frequently than my neighbors when the woman that takes my order at Lucky Dragon says, when hearing my voice, “Hellooo Vance, so tonite, wings and hot and sour soup?”
OK that’s a lie. Sometimes I change up the soup choice.
Thoughts of love and caring to American Asian communities everywhere.
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#60 NO AGENDA, JUST SINGING.
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#59 ALL REQUEST NIGHT
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#58 SONGS FROM SPINNING 45s
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#57 SOME OLD, BORROWED, NEW.
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#56 SONGS WITH NUMBERS IN THEM
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#55 - QUIET NIGHT
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#54 - QUESTION SONGS
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#53 - MYXED BAG
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#52 - 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY ALL REQUEST SHOW
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#51 - Favorite Lines In A Song
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#50 - Songs With Color
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#49 - Storms and Weather. Because look out your window or at the news.