Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#59 ALL REQUEST NIGHT
Lord help me it’s what happens on these nights half the time anyway, but here we go with the first official one.
When: Monday Nite, MAY 3RD 7:30PM EDT
(“doors” open at 7 for community hang) -
WHO GETS 10%: https://ahhscc.org The intention of the The Arlington Covid-19 Relief Fund is to support the basic needs of Arlington community members most impacted by the pandemic. Child care, groceries, mortgage/rent/utilities assistance, internet access, small business assistance, all right here in my yard. This is my 2nd time giving to them.
$$: http://paypal.me/vancevancevance or
a check to VanceFunder P.O. Box 17,
Arlington, MA 02476 for this web-groovery.
Pay or not. Up to you. Let’s stay connected.
This week’s pajamas: yes
I teach and coach stuff.
Good Good Man - the CD - streaming all over, even get a CD from me…
A FEW THINGS OF NOTE
- Someone sent me and some other model airplaners an email that had the subject line (name made up to protect the real guy)….:
…..in all caps. Middle of the day. The first seen thing. However, the innocent body of the email requested that we update this quite extant man’s email in our address books. I laid this modeler out:
"Never, ever, ever, send out an email with just an older, stalwart, friend modeler’s name in caps in the subject line!!!!
You scared the forsaken forever crap out of me.
In the meantime, thanks for the heads up…
- Speaking of model planes, is there an attachment that I can buy for my steering wheel that has a little tray so that I can build model airplanes as I drive?
- Why do I save lanyards? They are the John Sandford novel of the neckwear world. Once and done, but here they are. I prey I can muster the strength to dispose of them someday.
- Some songs, mine included are so…instructional. Living on pie and whiskey is bad. All that’s left is how to say goodbye. Stars are out of place. Can I name an album "Acoustic Mansplainer”?
- Touring will happen again. So, Driving. Comfort. Pants. Transitions are hard. I’m thinking ahead.
Winners of last weeks “Things Never Said In MY House" contest are Abbie, Karen, and CoilGreen. Yes, Englebert Humperdinck was indeed spun frequently on our turntable, thanks to my mom. The man can sing, that’s for real.
- I remain amazed at the generosity of VanceFans in their support of me over this past year. Wordless really, alas wordless is not my gig. I know some folks are still in the midst of the hardest of times. I see you there the best that I can.
In the midst of racial, pandemical, sexual identificational, worldwide uncertaintical upheaval and change, I am working to make some kinds of bridges across the anger accountability acceptance love divide. You are too, aren’t you? It’s the work part that makes the flowers grow. It's the compost of goodness. Stink, dirt, work, then flowers.
Thanks for taking the journey with me. I swear I see bright cresting over the other side of the hill.
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#66 - SONGS WITH BODY PARTS
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#65- SONNG ORIGINNS
- Easton MD then PajamaParty#64 - FUNNY-ISH SONGS
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#63 - QUIET FREESTYLE MEMORIAL DAY NIGHT
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#62 - MARIA’S FAVES
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#61 - Favorite Song From Each Album
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#60 NO AGENDA, JUST SINGING.
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#59 ALL REQUEST NIGHT
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#58 SONGS FROM SPINNING 45s
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#57 SOME OLD, BORROWED, NEW.
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#56 SONGS WITH NUMBERS IN THEM
- Vance’sMondayNightAcousticPajamaParty#55 - QUIET NIGHT