Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #105 - TOP OF APRIL FREESTYLE
After this weekend, I don’t play live till May! So I’ll play whatever comes to mind this Monday
When: Monday nite 4/4, 7:30pm EDT.
(“doors” open at 7 for community hang)
Who gets 10%: https://www.violenceinboston.org - The mission of Violence in Boston is to improve the quality
of life & life outcomes of individuals from disenfranchised communities by reducing the prevalence of violence and the impact of associated trauma. No brainer after last Sunday’s Oscar debacle
a check to VanceFunder P.O. Box 17,
Arlington, MA 02476 for this web-groovery.
Pay or not. Up to you. Let’s stay connected.
This week’s pajamas = it’s spring but...
I teach and coach stuff.
Sat 4/2 - https://www.tucsonfolkfest.org/
I’M MAKING A NEW ALBUM.
Recording has started. OMG what am I doing? One tune sounds like John Prine. One tune sounds like D’Angelo. Another sounds like Louis Jordan/Count Basie. Another like Nick Drake. Squirrel!! Did you expect anything less from me? You’ll love it, I promise. Donate any amount and get your name on the cover. Same links above, note “VanceFunder”. Any amount, $1000 + makes you exec producer, name in heavy black font.
TREATISE FOR MEN
I’ll keep this simple. Shelling. Bombing. Slapping. Mostly men do this for some reason or another, justified because of some perceived slight, border dispute, belief or disbelief. Now, as the great human equalizer of any gender, there are horrible women out there, for sure you can find them, maybe in your own life. All humans are capable of it. But pound for pound, men corner the market on violence.
We’re in trouble.
It’s time for women to be in charge. It’s time for men to be the best ally they can be as women guide us.
Men, to be a successful ally, do these things;
1) Be quiet.
2) Listen (#1 and #2 are two different things, please pay attention)
3) Be prepared to give ground and don't wave your arms about claiming “this isn’t equality” or “this is reverse-(ism)”
5) Stop making everything about how you react to it
6) Stop bombing, shelling, slapping, to fix shid
7) Ask women what they would do
8) Go to #1 and repeat,
9) Do what you can do to put women in charge. It’s time.
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #108 - THEME? I DON’T NEED NO STEENKIN etc.
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #107 - I’M JUST PLAYING
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #106 - R&B/CELTIC LITE
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #105 - TOP OF APRIL FREESTYLE
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #104 - SONGS OF HOPE
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #103 - QUIET CALM GROOVY NIGHT
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #102 SINGING JUST TO BE SINGING
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #101 - ALL MY CHILDREN
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #100 - ALL REQUEST
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #99 - SONGS THAT APOLOGIZE
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #98 - EVEN MORE SINGING STUFF
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #97 - SINGING STUFF