Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #112 - THEME FREE FANDANGO
I’ll sing songs
When: Monday nite 5/23, 7:30pm EDT.
(“doors” open at 7 for community hang)
Who gets 10%: Club Passim Annual Fund https://www.passim.org/ Like Dave Carter wrote- “This is my home..."
a check to VanceFunder P.O. Box 17,
Arlington, MA 02476 for this web-groovery.
Pay or not, up to you. Let’s stay connected.
This week's pajamas; It’ll be post heat wave. so yes, pajamas
NEW ALBUM. Donate any amount = name on the cover. Same links above, note “VanceFunder”. Any amount over $1 works, but $1000 -plus- makes you exec producer, name in heavy black font.
TWO MUSICAL WOMENS' STORIES:
1) ALISA AMADOR WINS NPR'S TINY DESK CONTEST: https://fb.watch/d7oskZiy5C/
Well duh. It’s about time she got her due. Nice to see recognition for what many of us have known for quite a while.
2) To: email@example.com
name: Sarah Townes
Dear Mr. Gilbert, I love your music, I've been singing "Hard To Love" to myself for years and I'd like to cover it on my next album which will be my 3rd. If you would like to hear my last one, to hear who would be singing your song, it's called Evil Ballads and it's available everywhere, somehow; I don't get little payments for it anymore like I used to when it was just on I-Tunes for sale; I don't know how all the other sites got a hold of it for free, it doesn't seem fair, it cost a lot to make it, but they don't pay me. So I was wondering if if it would be OK for me to sing "Hard to Love" and if so if you'd like me to pay you directly for covering your wonderful song instead of some silly $10 or whatever it is to the usual royalty people who would probably just keep it. I work as a singing teacher and I also work for the environmental nonprofit called ASES. I am not rich but I would be happy to pay you directly to use your song if you tell me what I owe you and I can afford it.
Thank you for being a wonderful artist, and probably a wonderful person.
Dear Sarah Townes,
Thanks for your inquiry.
Wow, what a voice you have! I’d be honored if you were to record "Hard To Love."
I’m sorry too for the shiteshow digital free-for-all that is the music business nowadays. Once again, independent artists like ourselves are victim to money structures and power that we can nary fight or compete with.
Here’s the deal for you licensing my song. That’ll be $10. PayPal or Venmo are fine. We’ll call receipt of payment the contract for this usage. If you get famous, please call me. I have people I'll need to brag to.
From Calendar/ »
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #116 - FORTHAJULY WHO KNOWS WHAT GETS MASHED UP
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #115 - FIXING, HEALING THINGS
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #114 - BACK FROM ISLAND OFF MAINE EVENING OF CHILL
- VANCE GILBERT - JUST THANK YOU
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #113 - BACK FROM TEXAS EVENING OF CHILL
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #112 - THEME FREE FANDANGO
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #111 - COLOR IN SONGS PRT #2 & SONGS WITH LIQUID
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #110 - THE COLOR IN SONGS
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #109 - V PRACTICES & CHATS THE NEW ALBUM WITH YOU
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #108 - THEME? I DON’T NEED NO STEENKIN etc.
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #107 - I’M JUST PLAYING
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #106 - R&B/CELTIC LITE