Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #113 - BACK FROM TEXAS EVENING OF CHILL
Probably a bunch of country ballads
When: Monday nite 6/6, 7:30pm EST.
(“doors” open at 7 for community hang)
Who gets 10%: https://www.secondchancecars.org/home
"...is a Massachusetts 501c3 corporation that provides refurbished, affordable used cars to Eastern Massachusetts’ low-income veterans and returning citizens. Our cars allow their new owners a chance to obtain living-wage jobs and the ability to achieve their full potential."
Deb picked me up at the airport in my car, because hers has a bad bearing. We can readily afford to get hers fixed. Many cannot afford such, so I looked up 501c3 car stuff and this came up.
a check to VanceFunder P.O. Box 17,
Arlington, MA 02476 for this web-groovery.
Pay or not, up to you. Let’s stay connected.
This week's pajamas; the car/plane/train/boat bottoms. A sweatshirt
NEW ALBUM. Donate any amount = name on the cover. Same links above, note “VanceFunder”. Any amount over $1 works, but $1000 -plus- makes you exec producer, name in heavy black font.
Dear Kerrville Folk Festival and Song School Departure Notes Diary:
• His stellar songwriting notwithstanding, Tom Kimmel’s voice is like a finely-tuned, country-soul, furry-worn woolly blanket. 70’s R&B fans here’s your reference- think of Willie Nelson and Frankie Beverly having a strange vocal baby.
• Thanks to Boogie’s Shaved Ice and the Asian Food kiosks, both who tried to chase me down to pay for the CDs I laid on their service counters. Screw off! So what if I ate there incessantly- isn’t it enough you *both* said "stop tipping!" after day 3? Shut up! I play folk and I make hundreds of…
• Woody. Nice guitarist, well-crafted songs. Retired navigator on the EC 135 - a Boeing 707 made into a electronics control aircraft in the lates ‘60’s. He and I got to conversating during a private song coaching session, and he showed me his tattoo from his service group on that airplane. I showed my tattoo of a Boeing 80A airliner. Uhoh. And so much for music instruction talk...
• I owe you an apology, Katie - you were in the middle of your song when an T6- Texan II racing plane went howling overhead. I guess it’s a hard-wire thing, but when Woody and I both heard this particular engine's scream, I believe I vaulted over you and out of the kiosk to see what was making that racket. Woody knocked over a chair. People didn’t know whether we were diving for cover from some sort of PTSD, or had both suddenly been taken violently ill by breakfast, or what, but there we were, standing side-by-side, spending your Song School coaching money staring up at the sky trying to identify this airplane. Katie hollers from the kiosk - “Was my song that bad?” Oh no, hon, sorry Katie. We had an aero issue…. Thanks, Woody, for signing my little fannypack airplane ID book. And thanks for you service.
• Thanks students. You make me a better musician. I’m now compelled to go practice what I’ve preached to you. And you make me a better human with your trust.
• PS. If you’re at a song sharing circle and you play upright bass only semi-perfunctorily on everybody’s everything, you really shouldn’t have a *turn* on guitar. You should especially not be surprised if I get up and grab your bass and play on your song sharing turn. Only fair, right?
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #114 - BACK FROM ISLAND OFF MAINE EVENING OF CHILL
- VANCE GILBERT - JUST THANK YOU
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #113 - BACK FROM TEXAS EVENING OF CHILL
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #112 - THEME FREE FANDANGO
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #111 - COLOR IN SONGS PRT #2 & SONGS WITH LIQUID
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #110 - THE COLOR IN SONGS
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #109 - V PRACTICES & CHATS THE NEW ALBUM WITH YOU
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #108 - THEME? I DON’T NEED NO STEENKIN etc.
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #107 - I’M JUST PLAYING
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #106 - R&B/CELTIC LITE
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #105 - TOP OF APRIL FREESTYLE
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #104 - SONGS OF HOPE