Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #115 - FIXING, HEALING THINGS
I haven’t researched this theme yet. We’ll see what I come up with
When: Monday nite 6/27, 7:30pm EST.
(“doors” open at 7 for community hang)
Who gets 10%: https://www.foodlinkma.org/ My world-departed, ex-nurse, Catholic, questioning-all-dogma, eternally-loving, dog-sitting, shortbread-queen neighbor Ruth always thought this organization was just another reason for her to stay on the planet a little longer. Amen, my OtherMother.
a check to VanceFunder P.O. Box 17,
Arlington, MA 02476 for this web-groovery.
Pay or not, up to you. Let’s stay connected.
This week's pajamas; hahahahaha! pajamas!! hahahahahah!!
NEW ALBUM. Donate any amount = name on the cover. Same links above, note “VanceFunder”. Any amount over $1 works, but $1000 -plus- makes you exec producer, name in heavy black font.
(photo by Joel Moore)
ASKING FOR A FRIEND
Woke up today thinking about love and understanding.
Do you understand how some parent could facilitate their kid questioning or changing their gender?
Do you understand how someone of color could possibly see the whole system they exist in as being inherently racist?
Do you understand how someone could have intimate relations with someone else of the same sex?
Do you understand how someone could think life begins at conception?
Do you understand how someone could possibly think owning a gun is a meet and right thing?
Do you understand how someone could believe eating animal products was not an option for them
Do you understand how someone would think a venerated historic book or document would be the first and last word on anything done?
Do you understand how someone would think a woman wrapped in cloth head to toe except for their eyes was equitable?
Do you have to actually understand anything at all about any people around you when at 3AM the firetrucks are outside their house and they are shivering on the sidewalk? Do you bring out the blankets from the guest room and the comforter in the vacuumed plastic bag that you won’t need till October and pass around the I Heart Some State, City, or Type Of Dog mugs with hot something in it?
Do you think we should care first and then work to understand later?
Do you think we should love those around us based less on what they believe and more like their house was on fire?
Do you think we should just love like your own house was on fire?
Do you think there’s a special place in some hell for someone eating the leftover wings in bed after a long day while watching Alfred Hitchcock Presents on cable at 12:30am? Is that something someone might both love and understand?
Asking for a friend.
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #120 - VERY LATE NITE SHOW
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #119 - COOL QUIET GROOVY
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #118 - LADY NAME SONGS
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #117 - PRE-VACATION SINGING SOIREE
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #116 - FORTHAJULY WHO KNOWS WHAT GETS MASHED UP
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #115 - FIXING, HEALING THINGS
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #114 - BACK FROM ISLAND OFF MAINE EVENING OF CHILL
- VANCE GILBERT - JUST THANK YOU
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #113 - BACK FROM TEXAS EVENING OF CHILL
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #112 - THEME FREE FANDANGO
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #111 - COLOR IN SONGS PRT #2 & SONGS WITH LIQUID
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #110 - THE COLOR IN SONGS