Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #116 - FORTHAJULY WHO KNOWS WHAT GETS MASHED UP
Monday nite 7/4, 7:30pm EST.
(“doors” open at 7 for community hang)
Who gets 10%: https://www.asianwomenforhealth.org/ Because I came across this site and I’m just spreading some $$ for another good cause serving marginalized folks.
a check to VanceFunder P.O. Box 17,
Arlington, MA 02476 for this web-groovery.
Pay or not, up to you. Let’s stay connected.
This week's pajamas - its hot!! so...
IN PERSON SHOWS:
7/8 Harvard MA with Liv Taylor!! - https://thetrustees.org/event/74553/
7/9 - 7/10 New Bedford MA Folk Festival - https://www.newbedfordfolkfestival.com/
7/22 Beacon NY The Towne Crier - https://townecrier.com/production/vance-gilbert-special-guest-lauren-west/
NEW ALBUM. Donate any amount = name on the cover. Same links above, note “VanceFunder”. Any amount over $1 works, but $1000 -plus- makes you an exec producer, name in heavy black font.
MAYBE I CAN DRIVE YOUR CAR
I was driving home from teaching Berklee College of Music’s summer session (said institution which should hire me officially to do what I do because I know the difference between Donny Hathaway and Dua Lipa, Phoebe Snow and Phoebe Bridgers, I live up the street, I’m a most welcome anomaly as an African-American acoustic teaching and performing singer songwriter, I’ve been doing it for 32 years with honors, and I’m terrific at it, but that’s a rant for another time), and in the slow traffic a 1960s-era red ragtop Chevy Impala pulls up at a stoplight next to me. Driving is a guy with a long-billed baseball hat. His passenger is a smiling Asian woman.
“64?”, I shouted through my rolled-down window.
“87!”, he hollers back as he points to her. She rolls her eyes and shakes her head laughing at what has obviously been a go-to joke time and time again.
“Oh this? Yeah, it’s a ‘64”
I’m cracking up.
“Absolutely stunning”, I shouted.
They both thumb me up. As the light turned green I capped with “The car’s pretty nice too”.
On a day filled with lame news across the internet and my radio, everybody’s laughing their respective asses off, in minivans and classic cars alike.
- VANCE’S MONDAY ACOUSTIC PAJAMA PARTY #124 - THEME? WHAT THEME?
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #123 - LABOUR DAY PAJAMA JAM
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #122 - POST COVID SINGING
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #121 - SING ALONG WITH COVID
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #120 - VERY LATE NITE SHOW
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #119 - COOL QUIET GROOVY
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #118 - LADY NAME SONGS
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #117 - PRE-VACATION SINGING SOIREE
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #116 - FORTHAJULY WHO KNOWS WHAT GETS MASHED UP
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #115 - FIXING, HEALING THINGS
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #114 - BACK FROM ISLAND OFF MAINE EVENING OF CHILL
- VANCE GILBERT - JUST THANK YOU