Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #121 - SING ALONG WITH COVID
Yep. It got me. But I’m singing.
When: Monday nite 8/22, 7:30EST (doors open @7 for community hang)
Who gets 10%: Arlington Health and Human Services Charitable Corporation. They have a Covid 19 relief fund for my town. Covid still messes with the local economy and such, and it’s nothing to play with (I have it right now), so yeah.
a check to VanceFunder P.O. Box 17,
Arlington, MA 02476 for this web-groovery.
Pay or not, up to you. Let’s stay connected.
This week's pajamas - whatever doesn’t make my skin continue to itch
IN PERSON SHOWS: see way below in blue
NEW ALBUM. Donate any amount = name on the cover. Same links above, note “VanceFunder”. Any amount over $1 works, but $1000 -plus- makes you an exec producer, name in heavy black font.
Hello. I have Covid and I’m seeing double, hearing things, and making no sense. Aren’t you lucky to be the recipient of my word salad. That’s more a statement than an actual question. I have two heads right now and neither one of them has a clear working nose. Please spare me from your personal fixes and prescriptions for now, thanks. I have special circumstances so I can’t really take all the supplemental, wondrous, and sometime batshit crazy things people say to do and take to alleviate symptoms. Thanks. Hey, cool, I can hear my pacemaker click on when I stand up!!
OMG. I’m watching reruns of Sky King on YouTube. 1950’s Western with a crimefighter who flies a Cessna T50. I had BBQ wings for breakfast. My partner is gone for 10-14 days so I can have the house to myself and infect every surface. All of that should die away before her return. With luck and care I won’t.
This is a strangely quiet place. With her gone for a fortnight and Bessie gone forever, or so I think, I occasionally hear something or feign to the door to take someone out. But it’s just me.
I watched The Rifleman the other day and I cried like a baby as the kid, played by Johnny Crawford, passionately saved his dad with a speech. Google "Johnny Crawford - Home”, for a surprise at the vocal and guitar talent of that childhood star when he growled up. I’m glad I wrote that because at least it is even close to being on any kind of topic.
Woobly woobly woobly says my head when I turn it to look at something. Never in my life have I ever had a drink or done any drugs. You can ask me why at some point if you like when you see me. Man, this floor fan is loud. But this must be what a hangover might maybe be like kinda.
Sweet Jesus on a Jetski I’m hitting send before I read back at any of this. I have three toy cars sitting on my desk here - a Citroen, and VW Bug, and an Aston Martin DB5.
Thanks for reading.
(Photo by Craig Harris)
- VANCE’S MONDAY ACOUSTIC PAJAMA PARTY #124 - THEME? WHAT THEME?
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #123 - LABOUR DAY PAJAMA JAM
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #122 - POST COVID SINGING
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #121 - SING ALONG WITH COVID
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #120 - VERY LATE NITE SHOW
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #119 - COOL QUIET GROOVY
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #118 - LADY NAME SONGS
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #117 - PRE-VACATION SINGING SOIREE
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #116 - FORTHAJULY WHO KNOWS WHAT GETS MASHED UP
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #115 - FIXING, HEALING THINGS
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #114 - BACK FROM ISLAND OFF MAINE EVENING OF CHILL
- VANCE GILBERT - JUST THANK YOU