Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #127 - ONE OF THEM QUIET TUNE NITES
Yeah, after a long weekend of using it, I’ll have my cool, laid-back voice up in here
When: Monday nite 10/3, 7:30EST (doors open @7 for community hang)
Who gets 10%: https://www.rosiesplace.org/
Easter Sunday 1974, Rosie’s Place was founded as the first shelter for women in the country. Rosie's Place offers a safe haven for Cis and LGBTQIA-plus- women and overnight shelter and other services to those in need who self-identify as female.
a check to VanceFunder P.O. Box 17,
Arlington, MA 02476 for this web-groovery.
Pay or not, up to you. Let’s stay connected.
This week's pyjamas - the ones with varieties of doggies
IN PERSON SHOWS:
A bunch of stuff with PAUL REISER - yeah that guy from Mad About You - see below
TONITE Friday 9/30 - East Lansing, MI Ten Pound Fiddle - https://www.tenpoundfiddle.org/event/vance-gilbert-2/
NEW ALBUM. Donate any amount = name on the cover. Sure there’s still time. Same links above, note “VanceFunder”. Any amount over $1 works, but $1000 -plus- makes you an exec producer, name in heavy black font.
BEAUTY BEFORE AGE
(by poet, actor, arts administrator, friend Charles Coe. Used with permission):
Finished my business at the drug store and was heading for the exit. Whenever someone else is walking toward a door at the same time--woman or man--I step back to let them go first. In this case it was a young woman.
Interesting to watch the difference in body language and affect between women our culture labels "attractive " and those deemed "unattractive." This young woman was clearly in the latter category, and the way she carried herself suggested a person who's spent a lot of her life trying to be invisible.
She thanked me when I waved her through the automatic door and as I trailed behind, without thinking I heard myself say "Beauty before age."
Wish I had a picture of her smile when she turned back around. Every time I was having a particularly craptastic day I could pull out my phone and take a look...
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #133 - WARREN PIECE
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #132 - YOU GAINED AN HOUR, NOW WHAT?
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #131 - SCIENCE, SCIENCE FICTION, SCARY
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #130 - THEMELESS MEANDERINGS
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #129 - NEW ALBUM TOP TO BOTTOM SOLO
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #128 - BIRTHDAY PAJAMA PARTY!! 🎂
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #127 - ONE OF THEM QUIET TUNE NITES
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #126 - ARE & BEE & SOUL LITE NITE
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #125 - MID-SEPTEMBER SOIREE
- VANCE’S MONDAY ACOUSTIC PAJAMA PARTY #124 - THEME? WHAT THEME?
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #123 - LABOUR DAY PAJAMA JAM
- Vance’sMondayAcousticPajamaParty #122 - POST COVID SINGING